Monday, January 16, 2012

WORD for the Year...



Layla over at The Lettered Cottage is hosting a Word of the Year link up party which got me thinking about my Word for 2012.... For the last 2 or so weeks I've been thinking back on 2011 and I feel like one of my biggest lessons for last year was to TRUST God....I can be fearful of so many things and forget to just trust God... And today I've find myself with a new fear....I find my self being fearful of the future and actually dreading it!  Where did that come from?  I've always looked forward to what the future holds but not these days....  The older I get the more I realise that though life definitely has its GOOD times, challenges are inevitable ('cause the good times wouldn't be good time without bad times, right??). So I've found myself fearful of the challenges that certainly lie ahead and wonder if I'll they'll make me or break me...

So....I am constantly reminding myself to TRUST God and not give in to fear. .....

3 comments:

  1. Great word, I'm working on that too ! Stopping by from Layla's....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your word and your sweet sentiments. My word was actually a toss up between two. "DO" was the first word that came to mind but another word I believe God showed me was "Lean". I almost used it. To trust Him and to lean on Him. It scared me to think that that may be what I was hearing from Him because that made me immediately start wondering..."Why? Is something coming up this year that I will need to keep this in mind?" It's silly, I know. We should be leaning on Him all the time regardless of the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly a great post. If I am honest, I dont think that I have actually trusted God in a long time. Therefore, my word will be "trust" for 2012. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete