Monday, May 23, 2011

From the Heart

Well, it's Monday again: the start of another work week.  This weekend we got to spend time with some family:  my husband's aunt and cousin went to church with us and after we had lunch together and played boggle and laughed to our hearts' content: just what the doctor ordered.


These days the hubby and I have been reading the proverbs together and just reveling in the wisdom of God's word.  Many times it is easy to relate a particular proverb to different life situations we may be experiencing, especially at work.  One of the things I love about the Proverbs is the fact that I can avoid 'acting the fool'.   There are times when I may not be having a good day but then I am super irritated by something that somebody: a workmate or somebody else does or says.  My knee-jerk reaction is to tell them just how stupid/obnoxious I think they are but then I remember God's word that says:

Proverbs 17:28 "Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue."

Proverbs 21:23 He who guards his mouth and his tongue keeps himself from calamity

Proverbs 12:18 Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

And I realise that it is not simply about giving the appearance of being wise when I'm really seething inside; but it is about honoring God and not compromising my witness.  So as we go through another work week where our self-control may be pushed to it's limits, I'd like to leave you with some other choice words:

Have a great week!

xox
Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment