Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What I'm Fancying Today

Hello there...

It's been a while...hasn't it?  I hope you had a good Easter.   Our church had a retreat over the weekend and it was super.  Lots of fun and fellowship....I'm still catching up on my rest plus work has been really busy so I've been MIA.   


As you may know my hubby and I moved into our house just a couple weeks ago and there is still a lot to do to make it 'home'.  One way to truly make our place feel like our home is by adding artwork that I we love and it's something that I've always wanted to do.  I like artwork that is abstract, colourful and lively.   Last week I stumbled upon Michelle Armas' blog.  In her own words she is "an artist living in Atlanta" making her first home "and painting up a storm", and what a colourful storm it is.  I must confess that I spent maybe an hour reading her blog and ogling her artwork.  Here are a few pieces that I'm picturing on my walls as I write this:


 "Enero" I like the soft blues, greens and yellow in this piece, very calming

 
 "Levitus"....I'm thinking Levitate: so light and airy...I could just drift away.....sigh!


 "Rosalia": Love that this is very, very colourful
 
"Automatism": Love the bold colours; bright and lively (very).  Also, in the top right corner of the painting is what looks to me like someone dancing or reaching.....not sure what but I Love it.  LoL!



There's lot's more to see over at Michelle's blog

She also does calenders, posters and you may also commission her for that special piece.  Just writing this post and admiring Michelle's artwork has brightened my day.  How about you?  What kind of art are you into?


Janelle



No comments:

Post a Comment